Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Destashing for a good cause

Happy Super Duper Tuesday. Even better... happy Mardi Gras!

It's been over two years since Hurricane Katrina and there is still a lot of restoration work to be done. I've been talking about going for two years now. I finally signed up. I am spending a week in New Orleans volunteering for the National Trust for Historic Preservation through Rebuilding Together New Orleans (RTNO). I'm going to help to restore an older house in a low income neighborhood. If you're interested in doing this, too, you can request more info here.

I am so excited about this! In order to be able to do this, however, I need to destash for cash to help pay my way there. If by any chance I have to cancel my plans due to unforeseen reasons, all the money will be donated to Rebuilding Together New Orleans.

Here are the details: I've put what's for sale on my here. There is some great yarn for sale: Koigu, Socks That Rock, Fleece Artist, Sunshine Yarns, Jo Sharp, Lorna's Laces and more.

If you see something you like, claim it by commenting, then email me your contact info at threedogknits at gmail dot com. I will send you a PayPal invoice. Prices include shipping in the U.S.

All my yarn is stored in ziplock bags in a smoke-free home filled with cute dogs. I've never had a problem with dog fur on my stored yarn, but still, there are dogs around so I thought I should mention that. My dogs have many talents but their fur cannot penetrate ziplock bags. FO's are another story, as they like to cuddle with my knitting projects. But I digress... buy my yarn! Ask your friends to buy my yarn!


You can also find the same info on my Ravelry trade/sell page.

6 comments:

Natalie Rush said...

That sounds great!! I would love to do something like that but right now it would be too much for me...but someday. :) Way to go you!!

So...your destash...can I please buy the lorna laces off you?? Please pretty please?? Any chance you are coming to the SnB on wed?? I'll bring cash for you. :) Let me know. It's funny because I'm sitting here looking for new yarn because I'm distressed over what I'm working on. :)

Hope you are doing good.

Liz said...

Hi Christine, well done you - it sounds like a great project to volunteer on. Please could I buy the STR in Moonshine? Obviously you should add on a couple of quid (whatever you think) for shipping to the UK. Hope you're keeping well!

Liz

RobynR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a blossom knits said...

Good for you!! That's so wonderful that you will be doing something so nice for less fortunate people . . who still need help. It will take decades to rebuild New Orleans, but with people like you, hopefully, it will be only one or two instead of 50+ years.

I would like the Fleece Artist in Tangerine. I will email you ASAP.

Opal said...

You know if this weren't for a really good cause, I'd say this was an act of pure evil. ;-)

KBlicious said...

hey, i know i'm like way late, but if the destashing event is still on, is the Koigu still available? ttys!