Saturday, December 30, 2006

Finished Objects 2006

Don't read this. This is just a boring list of my finished objects of 2006. I'm merely posting this to give myself the feeling of "out with the old and in with the new." I learned to knit in January 2006, so everything here is everything I've ever knitted. Looking forward to starting fresh in 2007. I have photos of some items. Some items I have knitted and given away without taking a photo.

Is this it? To a non-knitter this may look like an amazing amount of items. I spent much of last year with knitting needles in my hands. So this doesn't seem like that much.

The List:

3 scarfs, knit with various nasty acrylic yarn from Jo-Ann's. My introduction to knitting. Given to Goodwill. I do not miss them.



Stars blanket from Hand Knits for the Home. Jo Sharp Summer SoHo

Cabled pillow from Hand Knits for the Home. Jo Sharp Aran Tweed (yes, the speed with which I moved from Jo-Ann's to Jo Sharp was rather frightening)

Touch Me scarf from Scarf Style.

Another Stars blanket from Hand Knits for the Home. Rowan Soft Baby.

Dishcloth from Mason Dixon

Flower washcloth from Weekend Knitting

Clapotis! For my mom.



My first pair of socks! Basic stockinette. Knit with Claudia Handpainted Chocolate Cherry

Ribbed scarf and hat from Holiday Knits for my brother for Christmas. Peace Fleece! Loves me that Peace Fleece.





Two hats for Dante. Green and white is a Kate Gilbert pattern. Psychodelic version is made-up basic ribbed hat with Malabrigo.



Two pairs of blue and white hearts hat and baby socks. The socks are from 50 Baby Booties To Knit. I took the pattern from the socks to make the hat. Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino



Another ribbed scarf and hat from Holiday Knits. Mission Falls.



Child's Rainbow Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Adult sized.



3 pairs of Log Cabin socks. From Handknit Holidays. Christmas presents.



1 pair Thuja socks. Made with Andee, a Prism yarn in colorway Woodlands. Christmas present.



2 pairs of slippers from Knit2Together. Manos del Uruguay. Christmas presents.

That's it! Looking forward to many new projects in 2007. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, wow. i refuse to even attempt a 2006 FO list because I am already far too intimidated by yours. and you're a new knitter no less?!?! go you! i love those slippers, don't you love manos! and that hat! and the blanket! and that mission falls scarf! and all those SOCKS! OY! good on you!!!!

p.s. i haven't been keeping up on anyone's blog at ALL, i totally suck, but yours, i wasn't expecting anything! i forgot you said after the holidays, i'm sorry! i'll catch up! :)