Thursday, August 16, 2007

Stitch N' Pitch and a special shuffleboard night for knitters


I'm the one in the tie.

Stitch N' Pitch at Tropicana Field is this Saturday! I'm really looking forward to meeting tons of Florida knitters. To kick off Stitch N' Pitch weekend, a group of us are heading to St. Pete Shuffle this Friday for what I hope will be the first of many shuffle/knitting meetups. Some fellow Ravelers will be there; one all the way from the east coast. Sean is bringing people from our LYS, Needles N' Knobs. Tampa knitters, can I persuade you to represent? Orlando?


Think of the potential photo op for your blog: Florida knitters playing shuffleboard at the world's largest shuffleboard club. It doesn't get more Florida than that. Friday nights at the club are a blast. Cool music, diverse crowd, lots of fun. We're open from 7-11pm. Free to play and there are plenty of people (like me!) who can teach you the rules of the game. If there are enough people interested I'll give my official tour (I've got the flight attendant two-finger point down pat). If you have any questions, or need directions, just leave me a comment and I'll reply. Or check out St. Pete Shuffle. You'll easily spot me at the club because (hopefully) I'll be wearing one of those awesome Ravely buttons that Jess sent especially for us Florida knitters!

On Saturday there might be an impromptu, totally laid back yarn crawl. If you're from out of town and want a list of LYSs I'll be glad to provide. Rumor has it that Needles N' Knobs has 15 bins of 30% off yarn this week.


On Saturday evening there will be a parade of shuffle/knitters on Central Ave. making their way to Tropicana Field. Okay, I kid. I'm sure one day we'll have our own float. But for now you're on your own getting to the baseball game. Tropicana Field is that big white dome in downtown St. Pete. Can't miss it.

If you haven't bought tickets for Stitch N' Pitch you can still get them from Needles N' Knobs. Remember: Gate 6 is the gate to get into Tropicana Field with your needles!

See you there! I'm in Section 353, row B, seats 6-4. Come say hello!

4 comments:

Opal said...

Sounds like a great time! Have fun!

a blossom knits said...

I've mentioned it to John. He sounds eager to do the shuffle board . . but it's actually getting him there and doing it that's the issue. I've also mentioned the Stitch 'n Pitch. I'm hoping he'll at least be up to do that. Email me your seats, if you have them already . . or are we all collecting at a location to meet up?

Patricia said...

Bwah, I'm packing the twin set, pearls, and the sensible shoes. The gray hair, packing that, too. Oh, and don't forget the needles.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at the game!