Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The official "I Am Sorry I Am Such A Lame Blogger, Please Still Be My Friend, I Miss You... Contest"

Yes, it does seem as if I dropped off the face of the earth.

There is no dramatic or scandalous reason I haven't blogged since August. Everybody is healthy and content here at ThreeDogKnits. Jackson got to go on vacation with me in November. Betty is fat and happy. Sasha didn't eat a single glass ornament this holiday season (a Christmas miracle!). Time just got away from me.

One of my resolutions (which I'm making up as I go along, as I am too disorganized to put them in a list) is to blog more. I have really enjoyed making blog friends this past year and don't want to let those connections fizzle because I am too busy (or lazy) to post! I have kept up with your blogs, even if I haven't commented as much as usual.

So, to kick the new year off right, I am having a contest. The reason for the contest is twofold: 1) because it is my blogiversary! and 2) to make up for being so lame. It is the most simple and elementary of blog contests; anyone who leaves me a comment between now and.... let's say next Wednesday, January 16th by noon EST, will have their names thrown into an imaginary hat, at which time I will randomly select one name. Possible comment topics include: your 2008 resolutions, what you think my 2008 resolutions should be, general greetings to me and my dogs, and lastly, whether I should buy a sewing machine, a Wii, or a vacuum cleaner that actually picks up dog hair with the money I am going to save from not buying a gajillion skeins of sock yarn this year (okay, there's another resolution).

The prize: one lucky winner will be the recipient of not one, but two skeins of Socks That Rock lightweight: Gingerbread Dude and Sugarplums (no longer available on Blue Moon's website).


Random items:


  • Yesterday I bought Sufjan Steven's "Songs for Christmas", which I am listening to right now. I love it. I put it on and immediately got the urge to bake more Christmas cookies. Yes, I am still listening to Christmas music on January 9th. Therefore is it any surprise I don't have any New Year resolutions to share? By my calculations I don't have to have those done until next week.


  • I am also totally digging The National "Boxer". Buy it. Listen to it. Listen to it again and enjoy it even more than the first time.


  • Someone found my blog by googling "shuffleboard for dog". To this person I say, Wait! Come back!! I have two questions. Is this for real? And why don't I know about shuffleboard for dogs?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back and happy new year and happy blogiversary! I wouldn't worry too much about resolutions, since no one I know ever really sticks to them for more than the month of January, but if you're not going to buy a gajillion skeins of sock yarn this year, I would say you should go for the sewing machine. (Or a Wii... because Wiis really are super fun.)

Alyson said...

Yay, you're back! Keep it up! Or don't....it's your blog. But I like hearing from you. :-)

And YOU NEED A WII!!!!!!!!!!!!

(PS: If I win, I solemnly swear to hold my own contest with my own skein of Gingerbread Dude as the prize.)

The Gadabout Knitter said...

Get the Wii! I mean, if you're going to sacrifice some enjoyment of purchasing lots and lots of sock yarn, well you might as well enjoy it! :)

Happy Blogaversary too! :)

Natalie Rush said...

I'm glad your back. I just found your blog a couple days ago from your comment on my blog but I'm glad I did. I went back and read some of your posts. I almost went to that shuffleboard night before the Stitch n Pitch. :) I wish I had. You doggie pictures are great. I hope you have a great year knitting more that buying yarn...that's a tough one. I'm hoping to increase my sock yarn stash. hehehe. :)

Hope to see you again at the Wed. SnB.

Happy Blogaversary!!

a blossom knits said...

Yay! Can I still be your blog-but-we've-met friend? ;)

I agree with Alyson . . the Wii is the choice!!

My New Year's resolution is: to not make any resolutions. *lol* Seriously: to exercise more.

I'm not sure anyone could hold you to the "not buying sock yarn anymore" resolution.

Hello and smoochies to the puppies and . . I also want to know more about shuffleboard for dogs -- so I hope that person comes back!

RobynR said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Alyson is right, the wii's the thing. Ours went on vacation with us to some friends place and we had a blast together.

Lastly, seasonal greetings from my canines to yours. My guys didn't get into very many christmas hijinks at home but there was an incident at my in-laws involving a slippery parquet floor, a running/vomiting 85 lb ridgeback and a christmas tree that didn't move out of the way fast enough *snicker*

Heddy said...

Happy blogiversary! I have missed reading your blog ... I check nearly every day, and was so excited at Christmas to see the little Christmas Doggy ... I thought something must have happened to one of my favorite blog writers when for months the Marigolds kept coming up (I love reading about the knitting, and the dogs -- they are seriously cute!)

The prizes you have are gorgeous ... I have 2 skeins of STR (neither is either of the colours you have), but have yet to knit with them (I live in Canada, so it is a bit more work to get it up here, and so, is very precious to me ... once I use it, it is gone)

glad to see you back online!

Pikku- Kettu said...

A vacuum cleaner that picks up dog hair? Even the prickly terrier- kind? Now that would truly be a (Christmas, or insert adjective here) miracle!

Happy Blogiversary!

eb said...

My resolution:
To call my boyfriend less often for direction, aiming for once a month.

I'm clueless with NYC navigation.

Good luck with yours!

Opal said...

Glad to see you posting again! No need to apologize for the lack of it. Life gets in the way and it's *your* blog. Do what you want with it. :)

Happy New Year!

KBlicious said...

eep, sock yarn! sign me up!

happy blogiversary!

please give my regards to the dogs! teehee. i'm glad i got to meet jackson! are sasha and betty jealous? ;-) hope to meet them someday too! :)

i have the same resolutions i have had every year for like the last 5 years which can give you some insight into how i feel about the effectiveness of resolutions. quit smoking, stop being fat, join a temple, learn hebrew. in 2006, i visited 2 temples and 1 in 2007, and in 2007 i actually SIGNED UP for a hebrew class, but alas, it didn't happen. i deliberately am omitting the other two from further discussion. ;-)

okay i'm doing comment babble, so i'm out. happy new year if i didn't tell you already! hope to see you soon! let's do hooker's!

KBlicious said...

p.s. i totally forgot something, i don't want an extra entry or anything. ;-) GET THE WII!!!!!!!!

:-)

ikkinlala said...

Welcome back, and happy blogiversary!

My resolution is to procrastinate less this year. I've made this one for several years in a row now, though, and I haven't managed to stick with it.

Patricia said...

Dear West Coast Friend,

I amone your page. No yarn for me, until SaFF. I do hope to see you at Stitch and Pitch again, though.
Buy the Wii...it is so much fun to play. Loose the carpet, if you have any, put down laminate or tile and use a broom!
Glad you're back.